St. Andrew and St. Luke Episcopal Church is a parish of The Episcopal Church and the Episcopal Diocese of New York. In 1833 the Episcopal Diocese of New York established the parish of St. Anna’s in Beacon NY, which was at the time the towns of Fishkill Landing and Matteawan. In 1867 the church moved to 850 Wolcott Ave and changed its name to St. Luke’s Episcopal Church. Shortly after the move an additional chapel was opened by St. Luke’s for services and Sunday School on Dewindt St. This chapel moved in the 1890’s to 15 South Ave and became St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church. Both churches have had times of bounty and times of challenge over the last 150 years and in 2016 began a conversation to consider reuniting to form one parish in Beacon (you can read more about our history in the link below). In 2017 both parish Vestries voted to request the Bishop of the Diocese of New York to merge the parishes into one church, the new parish being called St. Andrew and St. Luke Episcopal Church, Beacon. The Bishop agreed, and the process of merging was begun which concluded in March 2018. The parish of St. Andrew and St. Luke maintains both properties of the former churches, one at 15 South Ave. and one at 850 Wolcott Ave. Our early Sunday service at 8:30 a.m. is at the Sanctuary on the east campus (850 Wolcott Ave.) and our later Sunday service at 10 a.m. is at the Sanctuary on the west campus (15 South Ave.) All are welcome to worship with us and to become members of the St. Andrew and St. Luke Episcopal Church community.
Read more here about the history of the Episcopal Church in Beacon and the history of the former St. Anna's, St. Andrew's, and St. Luke's Churches.